Free the Captives is a very busy and active nonprofit in both serving teen trafficking victims as well as providing fantastic volunteer opportunities. There are always new ways to get involved! We have various volunteer opportunities and trainings throughout the year. Our goal is to provide everyone, including men, women, and youth, with a way to make a difference.
The best way to stay informed of our volunteer opportunities:
- Facebook: “Like” our Facebook page. This is updated daily with prayer requests and volunteer opportunities. This is the easiest and fastest way to be in the “know.” www.Facebook.com/FreetheCaptivesHouston
- Monthly Newsletter: Sign up for our monthly newsletter. This is how we announce new projects and major events. It is always full of good information! www.FreeTheCaptivesHouston.com/newsletters
- Our Website: Check out our website. We have a lot going on, and it will give you a good idea of what we are doing and where you might be able to serve.
Free the Captives needs hundreds of volunteers each year to help with our annual events. We often have monthly volunteer meetings for our events. The best way to stay informed is sign up for our newsletters and check our calendar.
- Houston Human Trafficking Conference (10 volunteers)
- Freedom Fest and 5K (400+ volunteers)
- OTC Outreach Event (100+ volunteers)
- New Creations – Summer Job Program for Trafficked Teens (100 volunteers)
- Gala Luncheon + Moscow Ballet Performance (75 volunteers)
- Christmas Market (60 volunteers)
Free the Captives holds an annual training for volunteers who want to get involved at an indepth level. Applications are due on January 12, 2017 for our spring training. For detailed information, click here. Please email volunteer@freethecaptiveshouston.
- Gift cards for groceries (Kroger, HEB, Walmart)
- Hot meals for our support groups and job program
- Gift bags during various holidays
- Zippered tote bags with hygiene products
- Baby items (strollers, car seats, pack & plays, diapers, etc)
- Photography and videography for events
- Adopt a family during Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Furnish an apartment
- Host a garage sale (or a lemonade stand for kids) and donate the proceeds to Free the Captives
- Create a running or walking team for our annual 5K
- Get a group of girlfriends together and shop at our Christmas Market
- “Like” us at www.Facebook.com/
FreetheCaptivesHouston and spread the word about human trafficking
- Buy a box of candles made by our girls and give them as gifts
- Buy a table at our Gala Luncheon and invite your friends
- Shop at Amazon? Pick Free the Captives as the charity you want to donate a portion of your sales to at smile.amazon.com.