The Mission of Free the Captives
Free the Captives is an interdenominational, evangelical anti-human trafficking 501(c)(3) non-profit that fights the exploitation and trafficking of Houston's youth. We engage and mobilize the Christian community while partnering with non-profits, law enforcement, and government agencies in the fight against modern day slavery.
The primary human trafficking objectives of Free the Captives are:
(1) AFTERCARE by providing direct services to trafficked teenaged victims,
(2) PREVENTION through programming for at-risk teenaged girls,
(3) DETERRENCE through reducing the demand by focusing on the buyers/Johns through our "Buy Sex? Bye, bye Freedom!" billboard, radio and TV campaign, and
(4) AWARENESS by educating thousands of people each year through our annual conference and trainings.
To achieve these objectives, Free the Captives will:
1. Serve God and trust in His sovereignty (Psa 62:1-2, 1 Sam 3:8-10),
2. Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow (Isa 1:17b),
3. Partner with local and international organizations in the fight against human trafficking (Eccl 4:9-12, Eph 4:-6),
4. Pray for freedom for the captives (1 Thes 5:17, Isa 61),
5. Respond thoroughly and quickly to individuals seeking to get involved and provide education and volunteer opportunities for the Houston community (Col 3:23),
6. Focus on trafficking issues in Houston, nationally, and globally.