Free the Captives is a faith-based anti-human trafficking 501(c)(3) non-profit that fights the exploitation and trafficking of Houston’s youth. We engage and mobilize the Christian community while partnering with non-profits, law enforcement, and government agencies in the fight against modern day slavery.
Free the Captives works to:
- RESCUE trafficked teenagers by working closely with law enforcement,
- RESTORE victims by providing direct services such as mentoring, tutoring, shelter, & material assistance,
- EMPLOY victims in our job program and provide much needed income and life skills
- PREVENT trafficking through programming for at-risk teenaged girls and providing education in schools,
- DETER and reduce the demand by focusing on the buyers/Johns through our “Buy Sex? Bye, bye Freedom!” billboard, radio and TV campaign,
- CONDUCT RESEARCH to provide much needed data and to shape public policy, and
- EDUCATE thousands of people each year through our annual conference and trainings.
Get involved! Volunteer today and make a difference.