Anti-Human Trafficking Internships in Houston
Free the Captives is seeking undergraduate or graduate interns who want to make a difference in the fight against human trafficking in Houston. Free the Captives is an anti-human trafficking 501(c)(3) non-profit that fights the exploitation and trafficking of Houston’s youth. We engage and mobilize the Christian community while partnering with non-profits, law enforcement, and government agencies in the fight against modern day slavery.
The primary human trafficking objectives of Free the Captives are:
(1) AFTERCARE by providing direct services to trafficked teenaged victims,
(2) PREVENTION through programming for at-risk teenaged girls,
(3) DETERRENCE through reducing the demand by conducting extensive research and focusing on the buyers/Johns through our “Buy Sex? Bye, bye Freedom!” billboard, radio and TV campaign, and
(4) AWARENESS by educating thousands of people each year through our annual conference and trainings.
Do you want to work with teen survivors?
Then, we want you! We are looking for college interns all year long who:
- Want to make a real difference in the lives of teen trafficking victims in Houston
- Enjoy working with teenaged girls
- Are hard-working and passionate about ending human trafficking
- Enjoy photography, graphics design, web design (optional)
- Love Jesus!
Interns will work 30 to 35 hours a week in the summer or 15 to 20 hours a week during the school year. Interns must have reliable transportation. We are currently accepting applications for our unpaid summer internship program.
To request an application, please email volunteer@
*This internship is located in downtown Houston, not in Spring, TX.
Spring Internship: Submit application by Dec. 15.
Summer Internship: Submit application by Jan. 15.
Fall Internship: Submit application by Aug. 1.
Duties may include:
- Working with trafficked teens
- Supporting different aspects of the Reducing the Demand Campaign in the areas of public policy, marketing, and advocacy
- Attending a variety of human trafficking meetings and events
- Assisting with research and public policy work
- Promoting New Creations, the job training program we have for our girls
- Helping with FTC’s Annual Human Trafficking Conference and other awareness events
- Assisting in clerical and administrative work
- Participating in discipleship and mentorship
- **Graphic design work (highly needed – please submit samples of your work)
- Photography or videography work
- Writing blogs and posting on social media
- Raise awareness by representing Free the Captives at various functions and events
- Must be involved in a local church and have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be responsible and respond to email quickly
- Must be punctual and professional
- Must be committed to the internship
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously and be available to work some evenings or weekends for special events
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to learn
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Must be a reliable self-starter and organized
- Must be enrolled in school
- Must pass a background check
- Must be kind, caring, and have a heart for the oppressed