Anti-Human Trafficking Internships in Houston
Free the Captives is seeking undergraduate or graduate interns who want to make a difference in the fight against human trafficking in Houston. Free the Captives is an interdenominational, evangelical anti-human trafficking 501(c)(3) non-profit that fights the exploitation and trafficking of Houston’s youth. We engage and mobilize the Christian community while partnering with non-profits, law enforcement, and government agencies in the fight against modern day slavery.
The primary human trafficking objectives of Free the Captives are:
(1) AFTERCARE by providing direct services to trafficked teenaged victims,
(2) PREVENTION through programming for at-risk teenaged girls,
(3) DETERRENCE through reducing the demand by conducting extensive research and focusing on the buyers/Johns through our “Buy Sex? Bye, bye Freedom!” billboard, radio and TV campaign, and
(4) AWARENESS by educating thousands of people each year through our annual conference and trainings.
Interns will gain broad exposure by working on a variety of projects that directly impact human trafficking in the four areas mentioned above.
Do you love fashion AND want to work with teen survivors?
Then, we want you! Free the Captives is launching a new business venture for our teen trafficking survivors and we need your help! We are looking for college interns who:
- Love fashion and know the latest trends
- Enjoy blogging and getting the word out through Instagram, Snapchat and more
- Want to make a real difference in the lives of teen trafficking victims in Houston
- Has a passion for clothes, purses and shoes
- Enjoy photography, styling, graphics design, web design (optional)
- Love Jesus!
If this is you, apply for our summer internship based in Houston. Work with our teen survivors and help rebuild their lives!
Interns will work 30 to 35 hours a week in the summer, must have reliable transportation, and be willing to accept an unpaid internship. To request an application, please email volunteer@
Duties may include:
- Assisting with FTC’s Prevention and Intervention Program, which includes working with trafficked and at-risk girls
- Working on legal cases for trafficking victims or on the legal perspective of trafficking issues
- Supporting different aspects of the Reducing the Demand Campaign in the areas of public policy, marketing, and advocacy
- Attending a variety of human trafficking meetings and events
- Assisting with research and public policy work
- Promoting New Creations, the job training program we have for our girls
- Helping with FTC’s Annual Human Trafficking Conference and other awareness events
- Assisting in clerical and administrative work
- Participating in discipleship and mentorship
- **Graphic design work (highly needed – please submit samples of your work)
- Photography or videography work
- Writing blogs and posting on social media
- Raise awareness by representing Free the Captives at various functions and events
- Must be involved in a local church and have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be responsible and respond to email quickly
- Must be punctual and professional
- Must be committed to the internship
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously and be available to work some evenings or weekends for special events
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to learn
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Must be a reliable self-starter and organized
- Must be enrolled in school
- Must pass a background check
- Must be kind, caring, and have a heart for the oppressed