Be a SuperHero for Freedom next Saturday! Online registration ends THIS Wednesday!
Next Saturday, April 22, is our big run, and online registration ends this Wednesday, April 19! Register by Wednesday to ensure getting a race shirt. You can register on the day of the race but you will not be timed and a t-shirt may not be available. So register today!
Join Free the Captives for our 3rd Annual 5K on Saturday, April 22 at Mason Park, 541 S. 75th St., Houston, TX 77023. You can run or walk. The course is stroller friendly, and there is a 1K for kids. Register today for a fun and meaningful race!
There are prizes for the fastest runners and for the best superhero costumes! There will also be a HUGE free festival afterwards with live music, free food (BBQ, tamales, desserts & more!), and free games and inflatables. So plan to stick around for some fun! It will be a great time for the family. The festival is also open to non-5K participants. Come learn about human trafficking!
Online registration ends Wednesday, April 19!
We are hiring!
Do you want to fight teen trafficking in Houston? Free the Captives is seeking to hire a Graphics and Communications Associate. The Graphics and Communications Associate will perform the following tasks in coordination with relevant staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create graphics for posters, banners, booths, brochures, websites, reports/memos, business cards, etc.
- Create infographics based on given data concept
- Draft marketing messages for Free the Captives’ events (fundraisers, conferences, etc.)
- Create and spread visually appealing, rapid and catchy visuals, videos and memes about human trafficking and Free the Captives’ programs and events
- Strengthen Free the Captives’ overall brand
- Analyze the effectiveness of Free the Captives’ online efforts and communicate the results to relevant staff members; working with staff to make adjustments as necessary for optimal effectiveness
- Assist in managing Free the Captives’ visual branding for all events, logos, flyers, website design, email design, etc.
- Manage Free the Captives’ website and social media platforms: Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter; and post pre-approved content
- Guide interns as they support graphic/video design and marketing initiatives
- Working with trafficked teenaged survivors through Free the Captives’ programs and services
Free the Captives seeks individuals with these specific skills who are highly motivated to support Free the Captives’ anti-trafficking work.
- Exceptional communication skills; can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant, accessible, and interesting content
- Strong attention to detail, both in copy editing and visual imagery
- Knowledge in HTML preferred
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Has recently obtained or is pursuing a degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, and/or Design
- PR/Marketing experience preferred
- Social Media Marketing experience on all major social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube strongly preferred
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish a plus
- Must have reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Ability to tell engaging stories that elicit emotion and action.
- Ability to establish priorities, take initiative, juggle a variety of projects and activities simultaneously, and complete work in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solver who looks forward to tackling a challenge.
- Knowledge of communications software, WordPress, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop strongly preferred.
- Digital expertise. Familiarity with digital analytics, including website, social media platforms, SEO, advertising tools, and SEM, highly desirable.
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to work outside of office hours if needed.
- Strong commitment to supporting youth and to advancing social change.
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and submit a criminal background check
- Be willing to work two days in the office in Spring, TX and downtown Houston, other work can be done remotely
HOW TO APPLY
This is a part-time position. Please send your resume, cover letter and access to your digital portfolio, which includes an original graphic design sample to info@freethecaptiveshouston.
In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in this position. Write the following in the subject of your email: G&C [insert your name]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.