NEXT Saturday: our 7th Annual Human Trafficking Conference, Feb. 25th!
Have you registered? Free the Captives’ annual anti-trafficking conference is next Saturday, Feb. 25, and we want to equip and train nonprofit and ministry leaders as well as anyone in the community who wants to make a difference.
Hear from experts on topics such as:
- “How to Bring Hope and Restoration to Teenaged Trafficking Survivors”
- “How to Effectively Help Adult Women out of Trafficking”
- “How to Engage your Church in the Fight against Human Trafficking: the Perspective of the Missions Pastor”
- “How to Catch a Trafficker”
- “How to Work with Law Enforcement to Combat Human Trafficking: The Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Partnership”
- “How to Write Grants and Maintain Donor Relationships”
- “How Nonprofits can use Social Media to Effectively Get Their Message Across”
- “How to Keep Your Kids Safe from Porn and Traffickers”
Online registration closes next Wed., Feb. 22. Join us at Christ Community Church on Feb. 25; register today!
Spread the word about our 5K!
What a great Valentine’s Day Party!
We threw a Valentine’s Day Party for our teen trafficking victims on Tuesday. Do you remember as a child taking Valentines to school and putting one in each of your classmate’s decorated box or bag? We did this with the girls to help them reclaim their childhood. They had a blast!
The girls were also spoiled with beautiful flowers, balloons, and cake from a small group at Hope City. We also got wonderful gift baskets and food from Cypress Bible Church and Memorial Drive United Methodist Church.
The best part was helping the girls to understand what true love looked liked…God’s love. Their definition of love has been severely damaged and warped. Love is not manipulative, abusive or demeaning. Instead, God’s love is unwavering, unconditional, and complete. Will you join us in praying that our girls begin to grasp the depth of God’s love?