This mission driven nonprofit is seeking a dynamic candidate for an administrative assistant position. The ideal candidate is passionate about fighting human trafficking, has an eye for detail, excels at social media and maintaining a strong web presence, and will report directly to the Executive Director.
We are looking for someone who is interested in being part of a strong team focused on effective operations management and wants to make a difference in the area of human traffficking.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours/week with the potential to become full-time. The hourly rate will be based on general rates for this position. The position is located in Spring/The Woodlands with travel required throughout the greater Houston area.
Free the Captives is a faith-based anti-human trafficking 501(c)(3) non-profit that fights the exploitation and trafficking of Houston’s youth. We engage and mobilize the community while partnering with non-profits, law enforcement, and government agencies in the fight against modern day slavery.
The primary human trafficking objectives of Free the Captives are:
- AFTERCARE by providing direct services and jobs to trafficked teenaged victims,
- PREVENTION through programming for at-risk teenaged girls and education in schools,
- DETERRENCE through reducing the demand by focusing on the buyers/Johns through our billboard, radio and TV campaign,
- RESEARCH in order to provide much needed data and to shape public policy, and
- AWARENESS by educating thousands of people each year through our annual conference, events and trainings
· Check and respond to all emails, quickly and promptly
· Updating social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and website through WordPress
· Assist with candle orders and deliveries
· Represent nonprofit at various outreach events
· Assist with planning and executing large events
· Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
· Assist with needs of trafficking victims
· Correspond with supporters via mail and email
· Develop and publish electronic newsletters, social media postings, and other outreach
· Manage incoming communications; phone and email
· Enter and update nonprofit’s database
· Assist with research projects when needed
· Support other projects as needed
· Assist with day-to-day operations and large events
· Detail oriented, eye for detail, punctual, organized, and reliable
· Completes tasks efficiently, accurately and promptly
· B.A. or B.S. degree required
· 1 – 2 years of proven office administration skills
· Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience a must.
· Comfortable generating compelling content for print and web
· Experience with WordPress, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other online or social media platforms
· Enjoys working with others in a non-profit that requires flexibility and collaboration
· Physically able to lift 25 to 35 pounds
· Diplomatic, with a proven ability to deal effectively with internal and external audiences
· Demonstrated communications and writing/editing experience
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently as a part of a team
· Good customer service skills
· Engaging and professional demeanor
· Have reliable transportation and clean driving background, comfortable driving throughout greater Houston area
· Must submit to background check
· Graphic design experience preferred
· E-commerce and sales experience a plus
To Apply: Mail a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three reference letters to Free the Captives, 2211 Rayford Road, Suite 111-418, Spring, TX 77386. Only complete applications will be considered. Please do not email your application.
In your cover letter, please include links to your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram profiles as well as any websites you have helped to design or contributed to in the past. Please include college transcripts if you have graduated within the last three years as well as samples of any content designed such as flyers, videos, websites or brochures.
No phone calls please. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately.