Free the Captives’ Assistant Program Coordinator
Free the Captives, an anti-trafficking 501(c)3, is seeking an Assistant Program Coordinator to help end human trafficking in Houston. Experience a wide variety of exciting opportunities, including but not limited to:
- Working directly with teen trafficking victims including mentoring
- Organizing special events (5k, Christmas Market, Gala, Fashion Show, etc.)
- Managing volunteer projects and training
- Raising awareness via public speaking engagements and on social media, and
- Supervising sales and manufacturing operations within our candle business.
Candidates should be self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, flexible, and emotionally mature; have strong writing skills and the ability to multitask; and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment. Graphics design skills and social media savvy is a plus.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Leadership skills
- Initiative and capability for working independently
- Creativity and perseverance in problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking
- Ability to connect with teen trafficking victims
- Organization and attention to detail
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Outgoing demeanor and salesmanship
- Previous volunteer experience with Free the Captives is a plus
Candidates will be required to:
- Work 40 to 50 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
- Attend trainings and meetings
- Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Proof of current auto insurance
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must submit to and pass random drug tests during employment
- Must successfully pass all background screens
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- College degree required, preferably in a related behavioral science field
- Required to occasionally stand up to 5 hours a day
- Occasionally required to lift/carry up to 40 lbs
- Occasionally required to push/pull up to 40 lbs
Our office is located close to downtown Houston. To apply, please mail the following to our mailing address at Free the Captives, 2211 Rayford Road, Suite 111-418, Spring, TX 77386.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample(s)
- 3 Professional references
- Transcripts (if you graduated within the last 5 years)
Please no email inquiries.
Part-Time Graphics and Social Media Associate Position
WE ARE HIRING!
Do you want to fight teen trafficking in Houston? Free the Captives is seeking to hire a Graphics and Social Media Associate. The Graphics and Communications Associate will perform the following tasks in coordination with relevant staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create graphics for posters, banners, booths, brochures, websites, reports/memos, business cards, etc.
- Create infographics based on given data concept
- Draft marketing messages for Free the Captives’ events (fundraisers, conferences, etc.)
- Create and spread visually appealing, rapid and catchy visuals, videos and memes about human trafficking and Free the Captives’ programs and events
- Strengthen Free the Captives’ overall brand
- Analyze the effectiveness of Free the Captives’ online efforts and communicate the results to relevant staff members; working with staff to make adjustments as necessary for optimal effectiveness
- Assist in managing Free the Captives’ visual branding for all events, logos, flyers, website design, email design, etc.
- Manage Free the Captives’ website and social media platforms: Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter; and post pre-approved content
- Guide interns as they support graphic/video design and marketing initiatives
- Working with trafficked teenaged survivors through Free the Captives’ programs and services
Free the Captives seeks individuals with these specific skills who are highly motivated to support Free the Captives’ anti-trafficking work.
- Exceptional communication skills; can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant, accessible, and interesting content
- Strong attention to detail, both in copy editing and visual imagery
- Knowledge in HTML preferred
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Has recently obtained or is pursuing a degree, ideally in Marketing, Communications, and/or Design
- PR/Marketing experience preferred
- Social Media Marketing experience on all major social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube strongly preferred
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish a plus
- Must have reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Ability to tell engaging stories that elicit emotion and action.
- Ability to establish priorities, take initiative, juggle a variety of projects and activities simultaneously, and complete work in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solver who looks forward to tackling a challenge.
- Knowledge of communications software, WordPress, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop strongly preferred.
- Digital expertise. Familiarity with digital analytics, including website, social media platforms, SEO, advertising tools, and SEM, highly desirable.
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to work outside of office hours if needed.
- Strong commitment to supporting youth and to advancing social change.
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and submit a criminal background check
- Be willing to work two days in the office in Spring, TX and downtown Houston, other work can be done remotely
This is a part-time position. Please send your resume, cover letter and access to your digital portfolio, which includes an original graphic design sample to info@freethecaptiveshouston.