Volunteer Meeting, This Sunday, Feb. 11
Join us this Sunday, Feb. 11, at Grace Bible Church, 6325 Hurst St, Houston, TX 77008 from 4pm to 6pm for our general volunteer meeting. Come and learn about how you can help our teen trafficking victims and get involved in our events. No training necessary. Please RSVP by emailing volunteer@
Social Justice Architect / Event Planner
Change Houston for the better. Houston is one of the top cities in the US for sex trafficking. Help Free the Captives end sex trafficking. We are seeking an energetic, organized, dynamic individual for the role of Social Justice Architect.
You can save lives.
Free the Captives is a nonprofit fighting teenaged human trafficking in Houston. The average age of girls being trafficked is between the ages of 12 to 14 years old. We rescue and restore the lives of teen trafficking victims by providing jobs, mentoring, support groups, housing assistance and more.
Working with Free the Captives is fast paced and high intensity. This is your chance to make a difference and be a voice for those with no voice.
Location: Downtown Houston, Texas — Full-time position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and plan large anti-trafficking awareness events and fundraisers
- Staff events on event days
- Handle guest, volunteer and vendor needs and questions
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Design, prep, set up, and tear down
- Demonstrate ability to solicit and secure in-kind donations and corporate sponsorships
Social Media Marketing:
- Assist with managing social media marketing campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat
- Please include links to your social media accounts in your cover letter
- Create and maintain the Free the Captives’ blog and other email marketing programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a self starter
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multi-task
- Ability to work extended hours, both evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, Canva, WordPress, and Squarespace
- Strong working knowledge of Google Apps
- Strong working knowledge of social media streams i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, SnapChat, Periscope, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Team player
- Ability to work with and respond quickly to numerous and diverse volunteers
- Flexible in work functions and duties (work will include providing services to teenaged trafficking victims)
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of two years hospitality industry or event planning experience
Please email your resume, cover letter, transcripts (if graduated within last 3 years) and professional references to volunteer@
Salary: $32,000-$38,000 with health benefits.
Do you want the latest information and updates on human trafficking in Houston? Come to Free the Captives’ 8th Annual Houston Human Trafficking Conference! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about human trafficking from the following experts:
– Mayor’s Office
– HPD Vice and Anti-Trafficking Unit
– DA’s Office – Sex Crimes Unit
– County Attorney’s Office
– Governor’s Office – Child Sex Trafficking Team
– Redeemed Ministries
– A 2nd Cup
– and MORE!!
Join us on Friday, February 16, 2018, at the United Way, 50 Waugh Drive, Houston, TX 77007 from 8am to 4pm. The goal of Free the Captives’ conference is to equip and train nonprofit and ministry leaders as well as anyone in the community who wants to make a difference. We will provide you with critical information and practical tools to stop human trafficking.
Summer Internship Deadline: Feb. 15
Are you a college student who wants to help our teen trafficking survivors during our summer job program? This is your opportunity to have a direct impact on our girls by helping them develop job skills. This is a paid internship, and we have extended the deadline until February 15.
Applications that are mailed in early will be given priority over those who are sent in later. For an internship application, please email volunteer@
You can make a difference in a teen survivor’s restoration and healing!
HELP Provide a Job for Trafficked Teens: (Urgent Need)
Hurricane Harvey is threatening to end our job program for trafficked teens. We have to sell all the candles that our girls made this past summer before we can hire them again. Typically, we sell out by Christmas but due to Hurricane Harvey, several fall markets were cancelled and many of our buyers were flooded. We have sold 2700 candles but we still have 1500 left to sell. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
If we do not sell the remaining candles, we cannot hire our girls again this summer.
Buy our amazing teen trafficking survivors’ hand-poured soy candles! They are amazing gifts for your loved ones. Also please see if your church would share about our girls’ work and provide us with an opportunity to sell the candles on a Sunday. Email volunteer@
“Superheroes for Freedom” 5K
Register today to save money for Free the Captives’ SuperHeroes for Freedom 5K! Start your own team or a fundraising page to earn some awesome prizes. This event is fun for the whole family. Join us in your best superhero costume, and help us fight teenaged trafficking in Houston!
Register now to save money!