Job Opening: Executive Assistant
Change Houston for the better. Houston is one of the top cities in the US for sex trafficking. Help Free the Captives end sex trafficking. We are seeking an organized and dynamic individual for the role of Executive Admin. Make an impact. Come work for Free the Captives!
You can save lives.
Free the Captives is a nonprofit fighting teenaged human trafficking in Houston. The average age of girls being trafficked is between the ages of 12 to 14 years old. We rescue and restore the lives of teen trafficking victims by providing jobs, mentoring, support groups, housing assistance and more.
Working with Free the Captives is fast paced and high intensity. This is your chance to make a difference and be a voice for those with no voice.
Location: Downtown Houston, Houston, Texas
Hours: Full-time position
- Check and respond to all emails, quickly and promptly
- Updating social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and website through WordPress
- Assist with candle orders and deliveries
- Represent nonprofit at various outreach events
- Assist with planning and executing large events
- Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Assist with needs of trafficking victims
- Correspond with supporters via mail and email
- Develop and publish electronic newsletters, social media postings, and other outreach
- Manage incoming communications; phone and email
- Enter and update nonprofit’s database
- Assist with research projects when needed
- Support other projects as needed
- Assist with day-to-day operations and large events
- Detail oriented, eye for detail, punctual, organized, and reliable
- Completes tasks efficiently, accurately and promptly
- A. or B.S. degree required
- 1 – 2 years of proven office administration skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience a must.
- Comfortable generating compelling content for print and web
- Experience with WordPress, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other online or social media platforms
- Enjoys working with others in a non-profit that requires flexibility and collaboration
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds
- Diplomatic, with a proven ability to deal effectively with internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated communications and writing/editing experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently as a part of a team
- Good customer service skills
- Engaging and professional demeanor
- Have reliable transportation and clean driving background, comfortable driving throughout greater Houston area
- Must submit to background check
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Ecommerce and sales experience a plus
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, transcripts (if graduated within last 3 years), links to social media accounts, writing sample, copy of driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and professional references to email@example.com. Subject should include “Job Position: Executive Assistant – Your Name.”
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we are unable to respond to email inquiries about the position. It is also important that you have read “Should I Apply or Not?”
Salary: $35,000 to $45,000 DOE with health benefits and potential housing