Change Houston for the better. Houston is one of the top cities in the US for sex trafficking. Help Free the Captives end sex trafficking. Make an impact. Come work for Free the Captives!
You can save lives.
Free the Captives is a nonprofit fighting teenaged human trafficking in Houston. The average age of girls being trafficked is between the ages of 12 to 14 years old. We rescue and restore the lives of teen trafficking victims by providing jobs, mentoring, support groups, housing assistance and more.
Working with Free the Captives is fast paced and intense. This is your chance to make a difference and be a voice for those with no voice.
Location: Downtown Houston, Houston, Texas
Hours: Full-time position
- Overseeing and organizing major awareness events throughout the year.
- Supervise and manage large number of volunteers.
- Respond quickly and thoroughly to email and phone inquiries from volunteers and donors.
- Assist with job program for teen trafficking victims and other direct victim services as needed.
- Maintain volunteer and victim databases.
- Design, prep, set up, and tear down.
- Demonstrate ability to solicit and secure in-kind donations and corporate sponsorships.
- Assist with managing social media marketing campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat.
- Create and maintain the Free the Captives’ blog and email marketing programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of two years hospitality industry or event planning experience.
- Experience with databases; comfortable with Canva, WordPress, OneNote, Google Docs, Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Strong public speaking skills are a plus.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Self Starter – Work independently, exercise initiative, and accomplish tasks without continuous supervision. Also, reliable and punctual with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people across levels, functions, cultures, and geography.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Detail Oriented and Strong Written Skills – Strong focus on accuracy and maintaining neat, well-organized records. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to write accurate and legible case notes without grammatical errors.
- Flexibility – Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. Work week is 40 to 50 hours per week.
- Other Competencies – Excellent conflict management skills required. Team player. Ability to manage time and resources.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license, have reliable transportation and provide proof of valid insurance.
- CPR certification is a plus.
- Pass multiple background checks and submit to fingerprinting.
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, transcripts (if graduated within last 3 years), links to social media accounts, writing sample, copy of driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and professional references to email@example.com. Subject should include “Job Position: Program/Event Coordinator – Your Name.”
Please note that due to high volume of applications we are unable to respond to email inquiries about the position. It is also important that you have read “What’s it like to work at Free the Captives.”
Salary: $35,000 to $43,000 DOE with health benefits, potential housing, and paid time off.