Job Opening: Director of Victim Services
Change Houston for the better. Houston is one of the top cities in the US for sex trafficking. Help Free the Captives end sex trafficking. Make an impact. Come work for Free the Captives!
You can save lives.
Free the Captives is a nonprofit fighting teenaged human trafficking in Houston. The average age of girls being trafficked is between the ages of 12 to 14 years old. We rescue and restore the lives of teen trafficking victims by providing jobs, mentoring, support groups, housing assistance and more.
Working with Free the Captives is fast paced and intense. This is your chance to make a difference and be a voice for those with no voice.
Location: Downtown Houston, Houston, Texas
Hours: Full-time position
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, recruit, screen, select, train, manage and supervise case managers, interns, and volunteers.
- Provide clinical supervision and support to case managers, interns, and volunteers with a focus on compassion fatigue, ethical, legal, personal and professional boundaries, individual safety, confidentiality and privacy concerns, stress management, risk management, and the development of strong support systems.
- Provide case management to teen trafficking victims.
- Maintain a database of all potential victims referred to the program.
- Evaluate and address any immediate crisis situation.
- Assess and address any safety concerns on an ongoing basis.
- Work with case managers to create a comprehensive service and goals plan for each victim and provide ongoing support.
- Conduct team meetings on a weekly basis to ensure that victims receive timely and appropriate services.
- Implement a weekly support group for case managers, interns, and volunteers.
- Coordinate and ensure effective referrals and engagement between advocates, law enforcement, and community service providers.
- Participate in volunteer training and community awareness events.
- Assist with compliance requirements of program funding sources.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Counseling, Psychology, or closely related field.
- LCSW, LMFT, or LPC full licensure preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with databases; intermediate level experience with Google Docs, Excel, Powerpoint and Word required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Strong public speaking skills are a plus.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Client Focus (Youth Oriented) – Builds strong client relationships and delivers client-centered solutions. Able to develop a rapport and appropriate boundaries with teenagers who have been through significant trauma. Has significant experience working with youth in the US.
- Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people across levels, functions, cultures, and geography.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Detail Oriented and Strong Written Skills – Strong focus on accuracy and maintaining neat, well-organized records. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to write accurate and legible case notes without grammatical errors.
- Self Starter – Work independently, exercise initiative, and accomplish tasks without continuous supervision. Also, reliable and punctual with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility – Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. Work week is 40 to 50 hours per week.
- Other Competencies – Excellent conflict management skills required. Team player. Ability to manage time and resources.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license, have reliable transportation and provide proof of valid insurance.
- CPR certification is a plus.
- Pass multiple background checks and submit to fingerprinting.
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, transcripts (if graduated within last 3 years), links to social media accounts, writing sample, copy of driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject should include “Job Position: Director of Victim Services – Your Name.”
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we are unable to respond to email inquiries about the position. It is also important that you have read “Should I Apply or Not?”
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 DOE with health benefits, potential housing, and paid time off.