Job Opening: Case Managers
Change Houston for the better. Houston is one of the top cities in the US for sex trafficking. Help Free the Captives end sex trafficking. Make an impact. Come work for Free the Captives!
You can save lives.
Free the Captives is a nonprofit fighting teenaged human trafficking in Houston. The average age of girls being trafficked is between the ages of 12 to 14 years old. We rescue and restore the lives of teen trafficking victims by providing jobs, mentoring, support groups, housing assistance and more.
Working with Free the Captives is fast paced and high intensity. This is your chance to make a difference and be a voice for those with no voice.
Location: Downtown Houston, Houston, Texas
Hours: Full-time position
SUMMARY Under general supervision, provide case management services to teen trafficking clients, draw upon clients’ strengths to inform service planning, advocate on behalf of clients, collaborate with other service providers, and manage crisis situations. Provide administrative support to programs by maintaining client files, entering data, and completing required documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide case management services and coordinate services with other agencies. Duties may include intake, case management, monitoring, group facilitation, and resource referrals.
- Identify and leverage clients’ strengths as part of service planning to help clients achieve their self-defined goals.
- Collaborate with various community programs and agencies to advocate for client population needs and provide referrals.
- Communicate with members of the community, colleagues, and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively manage crisis situations through assessing, deciding, and acting in accordance with standards and laws in emergency situations involving the health and safety of client being compromised.
- Maintain case records accurately and documentation promptly, including service plans, progress notes, intake reports, and incident reports.
- Analyze situations within the setting taking into consideration the client, policies, safety, and staff to determine the best course of action.
- Transport clients to agencies and services.
- Other duties as assigned including assisting with awareness events.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral sciences. (i.e. Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Counseling, Psychology, or closely related field.)
- Requires 2 years relevant experience with youth; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with databases; intermediate level experience with Google Docs, Excel, Powerpoint and Word required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Client Focus (Youth Oriented) – Builds strong client relationships and delivers client-centered solutions. Able to develop a rapport and appropriate boundaries with teenagers who have been through significant trauma. Has significant experience working with youth in the US.
- Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people across levels, functions, cultures, and geography.
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Detail Oriented and Strong Written Skills – Strong focus on accuracy and maintaining neat, well-organized records. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to write accurate and legible case notes without grammatical errors.
- Self Starter – Work independently, exercise initiative, and accomplish tasks without continuous supervision. Also, reliable and punctual with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility – Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed. Work week is 40 to 50 hours per week.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license, have reliable transportation and provide proof of valid insurance.
- CPR certification is a plus.
- Pass multiple background checks and submit to fingerprinting.
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, transcripts (if graduated within last 3 years), links to social media accounts, writing sample, copy of driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and professional references to email@example.com. Subject should include “Job Position: Case Manager – Your Name.”
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we are unable to respond to email inquiries about the position. It is also important that you have read “Should I Apply or Not?”
Salary: $35,000-$45,000 DOE with health benefits, potential housing, and paid time off